Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week Two


We had the most amazing devotionals this week. One was on prayer, given by Elder Richard G. Scott. My favorite line was "To reach goals never before obtained, we must do things we've never before done."Additionally, he just encouraged us to communicate with our Father in Heaven. Have open conversations, interviews, times when you just pour out your feelings and thoughts freely, take all the time you need, and take time to listen. And realize that you can ask Him for anything. He'll always answer. Sometime with that calm reassurance that tell you yes. Sometimes with that stupor of thought that tells you no. But other times He waits... and waits... and waits. But it's always in wisdom. Sometimes, you're not ready for the answer, sometimes He's testing your, and sometimes you need to grow in your faith or patience or whatever else you need. EVERYTHING God does for us if for out ETERNAL benefit. That really stuck with me and changed my perspective about my relationship with Him. Afterwards, we sat down with our district and came to the conclusion that in some way, a point of Elder Scotts talk was a direct answer to our personal prayers.
We also had an awesome lesson in Sunday School. I learned that I need to more frequently ponder 2 questions: "What shall I (the Lord) prepare for you?"and "what shall I prepare you for?" In addition, someone made the proposition ïf you're seeing more weakness in yourself, maybe you're moving closer to god, and not farther from Him."Just think about that. In another devotional by M. Russell Ballard from Feb 26, 2012, he told us that we don't go to the MTC to learn the gospel. We already know the gospel, we're here to focus our efforts from preparing ourselves to preparing other's to come closer to Christ. Another thought/ idea that struck me was the line "You turned your life into God's hands"... think about that too. He also urged us to Ïgnite the reality with you that He lives, He breathes, He loves you... testify of it"! That was so powerful to me. I can't believe how lucky I am to be here. To have this opportunity and to walk with close to Christ. It's incredible. I know that the personal refining the Lord is beginning with me is a work that will bless my future family and life so greatly. And I've come to a greater appreciation for learning Spanish and the opportunity I have to be stripped of my eloquence and forced to fill whatever gaps I have with the Spirit. And trust me. There are a TON of gaps! I know that if it wasn't for the help of Christ and the Spirit, I wouldn't know half as much as I do!







So yeah. It's good. it's great. Challenging. Fun. Uplifting. Lots of feels.
PS. The Hermanas and Elders in our district are being overtaken with disease one...by...one. I have viable confidence that my years of cultivating my superior immune system will prove beneficial when I escape this plague. Wish me success!!


No comments:

Post a Comment