Tuesday, May 21, 2013

To The New Comers...

So this is Sarah.
I'm just starting out on a grand part of my life and I'd like to share some little bits of it with you.

Now, to catch you up on some things...

 My family is in the military so we've done a little bit of that moving here & there stuff. Currently,  I live down the road on a postage stamp island called Okinawa. It's one of the most wonderful places to live in! From the food to the festivals and just the day to day living, I've had the greatest adventures. Namely, trying to communicate simple things like, "Where's the bathroom?" or "Where am I" to someone who can't speak a word of English, eating unpronounceable and unidentifiable food, learning to drive on the left side of the road, trying to navigate in a country where direction consist of "turn into the ally way past the 3rd house on the left with the grass on its roof then go over 2 canal bridges. If you pass the blue sign with lot of Japanese writing on it, you've gone too far". Needless to say, a lot of skills have been acquired throughout the past 5 years here.

So...This is Okinawa



 Because my family is accustom to lot of moving and traveling, I've come to love it! I've had the opportunity to explore a lot of interesting places and I'm always excited to see more.
On that note, I've had a lot of adventures around the world, but up next is quite a different adventure.
It all started in October of 2012, as the prophet of this dispensation, Thomas S. Monson, stood at the podium and declared, "Today I am pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19, instead of age 21."



So this is a blog about Sarah Elizabeth LaBanc.
About how her life changed and
All the things she learned along the way,

With little bits of adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment